Here at The Nanny Company we take our nanny screening process very seriously. One of the elements we insist on is that all of our nannies have had a DBS Enhanced Disclosure in the last three years.
The DBS is an Executive Agency of the Home Office set up to help organisations make safer recruitment decisions.
People such as nannies who want to work with children are required to apply for an Enhanced DBS disclosure. The DBS will check information...
- Held on the Police National Computer (PNC) including convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings in England and Wales, both spent and unspent.
- Held by local police forces and other agencies relating to non conviction information.
- Held on the lists maintained by the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA)
- On lists held at the Department of Health and Department of Education and skills
- On List 99- the register of men and women who are barred from working with children.
- On the POCA list.(The Protection of Children Act)
- On the POVA list.(The Protection of Vulnerable Adults)
- Held by other sources, such as the British Transport Police, Royal Military Police and The Ministry of Defence Police
If you need a new DBS please contact us and this can be arranged for you.
For further information on DBS and the disclosure service please click here